I have written about this before, but it is time to remind people again to make me really happy by adding your contact information to the bottom of your e-mails. You will never do it if you have to type the info in each time so you are in luck because most email programs allow you to automate the process.
You can add anything, but if you put too many things you will irritate many people who will never tell you they hate your emails. So go easy on the clever quotes and links to everything in the world that you do or ever did and just make sure you add your phone number and a hyper-linked website address. You can also add a graphic if you’d like, but realize that often people receiving your messages don’t have images enabled for their emails so they may not see them.
Once you create a signature message, your e-mail program will insert it automatically at the end of your emails. If you send a lot of e-mail, this saves time and gives people the information they need to actually call you.
Creating a signature file is a similar process in most e-mail programs, so here is how to go about it in Gmail.
1. Go to your Gmail Account.
2. Select the little gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
4. On the first tab, “General”, you will find “Signatures”.
5. Type your signature message into the edit box and format it.
6. You can add images but in order to do it in Gmail, the image must already be published somewhere on the web so you can copy the url of the image. You can upload an image to your WordPress website, or to a Google Blog.
7. Once you’ve copied the the URL, go back to the Gmail Settings page and Insert the Image.
That’s all there is to it.[Tweet “It’s time to add an automatic signature to your emails. @judiknight shows you an easy way how http://wp.me/pv90j-1Xa”]