Project Highlights: Susan K Asher had a old school static website for her PR business and she used a Blogspot blog for her art reviews. New Tricks gave her a new brand and logo and then combined her sites into one website and blog using the WordPress Content Management System. We then taught her to maintain them herself.
Susan Asher of Asher PR obtains publicity locally and nationally in newspapers, magazines, trades, online media, and on radio and TV. Susan has been able to get her clients on “The Tonight Show,” “ABC News Now,” on CNN and the FOX News Network. Having worked in newspaper and radio and written for numerous publications, Susan Asher knows how to tell a story to make the news. When Susan came to us she had a website and a blog. She was brave enough to…show her sites to the Press Club meeting for review. They gave her several tips like to combine the two sites and give her blog a name. They also gave her another important tip, “Call New Tricks… They will help you take your site the the next level”.
New Tricks Services:
- Design: New Tricks created a logo for Asher PR and a name for her site. We chose to modify the Vigilance WordPress theme in order to keep her costs low. Since Susan’s tagline is “putting you in the Limelight, lime green was strongly featured.
- Website creation: Obtained a URL and installed a WordPress and an My SQL database on her hosted site. The new site features:
- Five pages were developed; Home, About Asher PR, Clients and Accounts, Testimonials and Contact. Susan has multiple categories appearing in her sidebar.
- WordPress Plugins were installed and configured for Statistics, Spam Prevention, and SEO
- Social Media sites such as Facebook and Twitter were tied into and links appear on the sidebar.
- Training: Provided one-on-one training customized for client’s unique site.