This week, find a buddy or two to check out your site. Sometimes we are so close to our own work we have difficulty seeing what might make it work better. Be ready to take notes so you remember what was said. This feedback ought to give you some food for thought and possibly be what you need to improve your site results.
Here are a few things to look for:
1. Is it clear what you do and, if applicable, where you do it?
2. It is clear who would use your services and why?
3. Do you describe your services in an understandable manner and language?
4. Do you provide enough information for a visitor to know like and trust you?
5. Have you made it clear how to engage your services or buy your products?
6. Is your site is easy to navigate?
7. Does your site load quickly or do you have to wait for the pages to load?
8. Are there spelling or grammatical errors?
9. Do you have a newsletter sign up form to capture names and emails?
10. Are there other calls to action on the site?