I heard from one of my clients recently that she really liked working with grownups. Yes, I am a grownup but I happen to think that being a grownup is not necessarily age related. The behaviors that make a huge difference to our clients are simple, but they are the cornerstone of having a busy and lucrative business.
1. Be clear about your deliverables and manage your clients’ expectations.
2. Do what you say you will do or call and give an update.
3. Return e-mails and business calls within 24 hours.
4. If you have a task to do, get it done and put the next step back in your client’s court.
5. Remember you are the expert. Don’t just blindly do what your client asks for. Make sure they know the ramifications of their actions and possible preferable alternatives.
What a difference these five little rules make. That is all.