The WordCamp Savannah is happening next weekend August 20-22, and it includes ME! I was already excited about taking the New Tricks Team to their first WordCamp experience. This will be my fourth WordCamp but the first one where I am a speaker. Here is the line up of speakers:
WordCamp Savannah will bring together a variety of speakers including both visiting WordPress experts and local WordPress practitioners. We’ll be posting speaker bios shortly, but so far, here are some of the confirmed speakers:
- Matt Thomas, SCAD alumni and designer for Automattic.
- Caila Brown, SCAD Radio General Manager & District Print Art Director.
- Mark Jaquith, lead core developer of WordPress and independent consultant.
- Andrew Nacin, committing core developer of WordPress and Google Summer of Code participant.
- Jane Wells, user experience designer for WordPress.
- Daryl Koopersmith, contributing core developer of WordPress and Google Summer of Code participant.
- Ptah Dunbar, contributing core developer of WordPress.
- Sheri Bigelow, Happiness Engineer for wordpress.com.
- Anthony Bubel, Happiness Engineer for wordpress.com.
- Matt Mullenweg, co-founder and benevolent dictator for life of WordPress.
- Lisa Sabin-Wilson, author of WordPress for Dummies and BuddyPress for Dummies.
- Sara Cannon
- Dan Cannon
- Judi Knight ( Here is a link to the presentation)
I will be speaking on using Social Media Plugins that you can use on Websites to help you with using your site as the hub of your Social Media Marketing. In the meantime here are some things you can do to get your social media game rolling.
This is a smaller WordCamp and offers a chance to really have some face time with a lot of well known people in the WordPress Community and to meet and mingle with others. It is only 25.00. How can you lose?